The Self Care Forum Factsheets
For any new acute problem, your first port of call is to consider self-care. The factsheets below were produced by the Self Care Forum Board and have been developed to provide help and advice on what you can do.
How were the Fact Sheets developed?
They were produced by the Self Care Forum Board. We used the following resources for developing the fact sheets:
- Guidelines from the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- Guidelines from the Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN)
- Publications produced by the UK Royal Colleges and major charities
- Selected major peer-reviewed scientific articles
- NHS Website
- Patient UK
The Fact Sheets were assessed at draft stages by members of the Self Care Forum board, many of whom represent major national patient and professional organisations. Topic experts, patient representatives, and language editors reviewed the fact sheets, checking them for readability and understanding. The final versions of the Fact Sheets were checked by independent national topic experts for accuracy.
The Fact Sheets have been produced and independently verified by the Self Care Forum, which is responsible for the content overall. There were no funds involved in their development.
Key References for the SCF Fact Sheets:
We used the following general resources for producing the Self Care Forum Fact Sheets:
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) Guidelines, www.nice.org.uk
- Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN) Guidelines, www.sign.ac.uk
- NHS, www.nhs.uk
- NHS111, NHS111
- Clinical Knowledge Summaries, Nice
- PatientUK, patient.info
In addition, every fact sheet has undergone expert peer-review.